FOOD + RECIPES
RAINBOW VEGGIE WRAPS + SPICY SUNFLOWER GINGER SAUCE
A rainbow of colour and high in nutrition, these wraps deliver on flavour and texture. One of the most popular recipes on the menu at Amity Wellness Retreat in Phuket, Thailand.
Recipe by: Amity Wellness
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten free,
When it comes to wraps anything goes, just fill them with whatever fresh veggies you have in the fridge and they will be guaranteed to taste pretty good and at Amity Wellness Retreat in Phuket Thailand they are as tasty as I have ever tried, its all about creating a delicious, rich aromatic and balanced sauce to make the ingredients sing.
4 large lettuce or green collard wraps
1 cup of carrot sliced into thin match sticks
1 cup of cucumber sliced into thin matchsticks
1 cup red or yellow pepper sliced into thin matchsticks
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 tsp black sesame seeds for garnish
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil infused with garlic
1/4 tsp ginger minced
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1. Cut the lettuce or collard wraps into shape, wash and set aside in the fridge.
2. Wash, peel and chop the carrot sticks in thin julienne matchsticks.
Cut the cucumber and red bell peppers into match sticks the same size as the carrots.
4. Shred the purple cabbage and set aside. Measure out the sesame seeds for garnish.
5. To make the Dressing, in a small blender add the sunflower seeds, lime juice, olive oil with garlic or simply add minced garlic to taste, then add the ginger and chili and blend into a thick creamy dipping sauce. If you are SOS free, omit the oil and add water enough to blend. You could also add a flavored citrus balsamic vinegar.
6. Assembly, lay out the wraps on a cutting board and place a small handful of each ingredient into the wrap leaves before rolling them. Make sure to put the join on the bottom when you place them on a place ready to serve so they don't fall apart.
Chill and serve with dipping sauce.
Recipe supplied: by the Chef at Amity Wellness Retreat located in Phuket, Thailand, Images were captured by Gaye Gerard during her visit to review the property.
Amity Wellness Retreat
50/16, Soi Samakkea 4
Rawai, Mueang Phuket District,
Phuket, 83100, Thailand
+66 98 398 2371
Image By Gaye Gerard