FOOD + RECIPES
NO BAKE VEGAN PASSION FRUIT MACADAMIA CHEESECAKE
Heavenly Passionfruit and macadamia raw vegan, no bake cheesecake. Visually elegant and perfectly balanced flavours, ideal for entertaining.
Recipe by: Amity Wellness
Prep time: 45 minutes + 6 hours to soak nuts
Total time: 45 minutes
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten free,
Sweet, smooth and creamy no bake passion fruit 100% Vegan cheesecake, is an irresistible dessert you will want to make over and over again. Perfectly balanced and a great choice for entertaining. You can easily swap out the macadamia nuts for raw cashews both will work in this recipe.
2 cups dried shredded coconut
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
pinch of Himalayan sea salt
2 cup of raw almonds soaked for 6-8 hours or overnight
1 cup passion fruit juice extracted from the pulp
1 cup macadamia nuts soaked 8 hours or overnight and rinsed
1/2 cup organic cold pressed coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut flower nectar or neutral sweetener of choice - agave syrup
Pinch of salt
1. First prepare 2 bowls to soak the raw almonds and macadamia nuts in filtered water for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Cut your passion fruits into halves scrape out the pulp and pass through a sieve or muslin cloth to extract the juice, enough for 1 cup will take approximately 8-10 passion fruits.
You can also purchase the juice and pulp at the supermarket.
4. Add all the base ingredients to a food processor and pulse 8-10 times to form a crumble, note be careful not to over process you don't want this to become a paste. It must look like a biscuit crumble.
5. Line a spring form pie pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang. Secure the base back into the pan. Then transfer the crumble into the pie pan and use the back of a spoon to spread and press firmly over the base and side of pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
6. Use a blender or food processor and add all filling ingredients mix until smooth. Check for balance of the tartness of the passion fruits you may need to add a little extra sweetener. Pour the mix over the base in the pie pan and chill for 1-2 hours so it can set before serving.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves, toasted coconut flakes or extra passion fruit pulp.
Recipe supplied: by the Chef at Amity Wellness Retreat located in Phuket, Thailand, Images were captured by Gaye Gerard during her visit to review the property.
Amity Wellness Retreat
50/16, Soi Samakkea 4
Rawai, Mueang Phuket District,
Phuket, 83100, Thailand
+66 98 398 2371
Image By Gaye Gerard